Monday, May 31, 2010

"Run like the Dickens" or, Nightmares of a Struggling Artist...

So this is my art blog, cataloging creatures of a subconscious landscape; a very personal collection of species from the realms of fancy, whimsy, and darkest nightmare.

My personal struggle is one of motivation...
Inspiration rarely strikes when opportune, but I might doodle something at work after I'm done with my opening duties, in the ten or fifteen minutes I have until the hungry customers arrive. But most often I'll have a quick burst of inspiration, and make a mental note, locking it away to be drawn from in the future.

My art is a unique, if not novel form of expression; H.R. Giger has always been one of my favorite artists. The Alien is nightmare in it's purest form. A marvel or art and special effects.
My creatures are spawned from a primeval, violent, subconscious world. I summon them with inspiration, or they intrude upon my dreams.

My professional goal is to become a concept artist for the movie or video game industry; what follows are my daily entries on a long and sometimes direction-less path towards that goal...

No comments:

Post a Comment